Small town, small family, small house. It kind of reminds me of the song "Little Bitty" by Alan Jackson.
Our house is a small 1,000 square feet. It's 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom with a large eat-in kitchen, large laundry/mud room, and a ridiculous wasted space that is called a "dining" room. Anyone interested in buying?! KIDDING..only a little.. [we could use some more room]
So we moved into this little house in 2011 and have been there ever since. It's our home. It's where Tyler proposed to me and where we brought our baby boy home. It's the perfectly perfect little place and it's ours. I love it and it's decorated just the way I like and the kitchen and laundry room are my favorite rooms [weird, I know]. HOWEVER, since we have lived in this house, we have replaced all of the appliances besides the dishwasher. And since I brought it up, the dishwasher is now making a funky noise when it's rinsing.. SUPER.
So our washer... When we moved into the house, they left the old appliances, so we used them and we knew that they wouldn't last forever, so we saved some money for when that time came. When the washer quit, we decided to just buy a used one. So that lasted all of 4 months, but hey, it was $75 bucks so it's still cheaper than the laundromat! The dryer was still holding strong, so we bought another used washer. Things were going great until it decided to stop washing our clothes. At this point, I'd had enough and we bought a new washer. Well let me clue you in on something, DO NOT get a washer without the agitator thinking that it will wash your clothes better because it's nothing but a pack of lies! Took over an hour for it to be done and I still had to rewash the clothes most of the time!!! So...we got another used washer....
Then a dryer..& then a fridge..& then two stoves and two washers later......
The washer has quit, surprise surprise. I'm over it. I'm done. We are joining a nudist colony and going off the grid. Who needs to do laundry anyways?!
Oh, but did I mention that we cloth diaper??? YEAH, I need a washer ASAP.
I have come to the conclusion that our house is the black hole. It eats every appliance that we get!! It doesn't have a preference of new or used, it just likes them all!!
On the bright side, I now have plans for my Saturday. So if anyone needs a ride to Sears or Dick Van Dyke, truck leaves at 10 am sharp!
I am also accepting applications for workers willing to help me with Mount Everest that seems to be growing in my laundry room since this catastrophe. I pay in baked goods, so name your price!
UPDATE: If you were following about my mystery illness, it has been solved! The joint pain is from Viral Arthritis. I apparently had a bad virus that was causing all sorts of craziness and now I have this joint pain that keeps lingering, so nothing a little pain relieving oils and a chiropractor can't help! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment